Fear No Lit
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Applications for the 2019 Submerging Writer Fellowship will be accepted from June 1, 2019 - July 31, 2019.
Back for a second year, the Submerging Writer Fellowship (SWF) from Fear No Lit will offer one writer chapbook publication, prize money, and more. Dedicated to the writers who feel left behind, down on their luck, and far from emerging, the SWF is here to pull one submerging writer out of the water.
What is a Submerging Writer? For writers who have the chops but lack the luck; who drown, who try, who try again; who try again so many times there might not be any tries left; who see writing as both a buoy and shark-bite—a boogie-board and an iceberg; who would love to meet & learn from the writers they admire but just can’t fucking afford it; who are sinking in the giant sea of the writing industry.
2019 Submerging Writer Fellowship awards:
- a chapbook (limited print run of 125 copies, rights revert to author upon publication)
- event planning & marketing help for your book launch
- one registration of your choosing (a conference, workshop, class, retreat - up to $500)
- $500 to spend however, no strings attached
- you have not yet had a book published
- you have won no major awards/prizes
- you aren’t currently in an MFA/PhD program
- you write your ass off
- you battle daily the barriers of luck, society, fate, a curse, the cosmos, some major setback, or all of the above
- List five recent rejections
- A series of short essay questions (300 - 500 words max)
- 10 page writing sample (your best ten pages, in any genre or any mix of genres)
Frequently Asked Questions: http://www.fearnolit.com/fellowship/
If you have any questions, or any part of the submission process is inaccessible to you, please get in touch with us as soon as possible.